Aeris is hiring motivated, creative, and technically-minded individuals with a passion and skill for building and integrating state-of-the-art software into emerging technologies. Aeris is an energetic, fast-paced software engineering and scientific technical services company that supports the U.S. Government. We believe that the status quo is just not good enough and our team continually strives to provide the highest quality products and services to our clients. Aeris aspires to be an integral partner to our clients enabling them to make a difference by making the world safer and more secure.
Our ideal candidate is a Senior Software Engineer / Project Manager with a love for learning, the ability to pivot directions quickly, and someone with a solid understanding of software engineering processes, tools, and techniques. At Aeris, we believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, within an environment that allows our team members to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
As a Senior Software Engineer / Project Manager at Aeris, your responsibilities may include:
- Leading/managing a wide range of software development and integration projects involving diverse and dispersed development teams across multiple geographic locations.
- Serving as the primary liason between the development team and the customer via reoccurring Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), and Program Sprint Reviews.
- Development, prioritization, and management of project tasks, schedules, and budgets.
- Managing the development and delivery of contractually required deliverables (project progress reports, software documentation, source code, software applications) to customers.
- Supporting various business development activities, including opportunity surveillance, development of strategic/tactical teaming agreements with partner organizations, marketing of Aeris capabilities at professional conferences/meetings, and development/delivery of proposal materials (white papers, full technical/cost proposals)
- Supervising and mentoring software engineers, including annual employee reviews.
We understand that candidates may not be able to check the boxes for all desired qualifications. What is most important is that candidates have exceptional problem solving skills, creative out-of-the-box thinking, and are comfortable in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- 15+ years’ of software focused project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience utilizing modern software engineering design/development practices/procedures such as Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with object-oriented design/development
- Experience developing software for Windows, UNIX/Linux, mobile platforms (Android and iOS) and Mac OS X operating system.
- Experience supporting the development of web and desktop based Department of Defense (DoD) emergency response software applications, such as the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Hazard Predication and Assessment Capability (HPAC) and the Joint Project Manager for Information System (JPMIS) Joint Effects Model (JEM)
- Experience supporting the development of mobile device software applications for forward deployed mission planning and emergency response platforms using the Tactical Assault Kit (TAK)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Qualified applicants are asked to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com