Aeris is hiring motivated, creative, and technically-minded individuals with a passion and skill for building state-of-the-art software into emerging technologies. Aeris is an energetic, fast-paced software engineering and scientific technical services company that supports the U.S. Government. We believe that the status quo is just not good enough and our team continually strives to provide the highest quality products and services to our clients. Aeris aspires to be an integral partner to our clients enabling them to make a difference by making the world safer and more secure.
Our ideal candidate is an Atmospheric Scientist / Modeler with a love for learning, the ability to pivot directions quickly, and someone with a solid understanding of atmospheric science principles. At Aeris, we believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, within an environment that allows our team members to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
As an Atmospheric Scientist / Modeler at Aeris, your responsibilities may include:
- Numerical modeling and analysis of the atmosphere and airborne Chemical, Biological, Radiological (CBR) material transport, particularly within the Planetary Boundary Layer (PBL) for both rural and urban environments.
- Verification and validation of numerical atmospheric models/methods contained within operational emergency response capabilities.
- Historical climate reconstructions/reanalysis and statistical analysis using machine learning techniques.
- Development and execution of customer reports and presentations
- Publication of unclassified studies in peer reviewed journals.
We understand that candidates may not be able to check the boxes for all desired qualifications. What is most important is that candidates have exceptional problem solving skills and creative out-of-the-box thinking.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Active United States Department of Defense Security Clearance or eligibility (U.S. Citizenship) to undergo an associated background investigation.
- B.S. in Atmospheric Science or related field
Desired Skills & Experience:
- M.S. or PhD in Atmospheric Science or related field
- Understanding of atmospheric turbulence and material transport processes
- Understanding of and experience utilizing NWP methods, particularly Reynolds-averaged Navier–Stokes (RANS) and Large Eddy Simulation (LES) methods, and NWP models, such as the Weather Research and Forecast (WRF) model.
- Understanding of and experience utilizing AT&D methods, particularly Gaussian Puff/Plume, Lagrangian Particle, and Eulerian Diffusion methods, and AT&D models, such as the Second order Closure Integrated PUFF (SCIPUFF) and CALPUFF model.
- Familiarity with operational emergency response applications, such as the Hazard Predication and Assessment Capability (HPAC), Joint Effects Model (JEM), and Tactical Assault Kit (TAK)
- Proficiency with different scripting and programming languages (R, Python, FORTRAN)
- Experience with a variety of scientific data formats including netCDF, HDF, GRIB.
- Demonstrated experience performing both independent research and planning/executing larger research and development projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to relocate to the greater Boulder, CO area
Qualified applicants are asked to apply via the following url, https://www.indeed.com/job/atmospheric-scientist-numerical-modeler-89be1fdf9b199694