Aeris is hiring motivated, creative, and technically-minded individuals with a passion and skill for building state-of-the-art software into emerging technologies. Aeris is an energetic, fast-paced software engineering and scientific technical services company that supports the U.S. Government. We believe that the status quo is just not good enough and our team continually strives to provide the highest quality products and services to our clients. Aeris aspires to be an integral partner to our clients enabling them to make a difference by making the world safer and more secure.
Our ideal candidate is a Software Engineer / Developer with a love for learning, the ability to pivot directions quickly, and someone with a solid understanding of software engineering processes, tools, and techniques. At Aeris we believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, within an environment that allows our team members to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
As a Software Engineer / Developer at Aeris, your responsibilities may include:
- The development of web and desktop based emergency response software applications, such as the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Hazard Prediction and Assessment Capability (HPAC) and the Joint Project Manager for Information System (JPMIS) Joint Effects Model (JEM)
- The development of mobile and desktop device software applications for forward deployed mission planning and emergency response platforms using the Tactical Assault Kit (TAK) and TAK clients such as WebTAK, WinTAK and ATAK
- Development, implementation, testing, and deployment of new scientific data processing algorithms for applications impacted by weather and environmental conditions
- Development of software applications used for geophysical data analysis and visualization
- Development and implementation of scientific software applications on Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) computing platforms
- The implementation of software build and deployment pipelines to support customer needs and acquire customer feedback
As a member of the Aeris software development staff, you will work on one or two small software project teams with a tight-knit group of developers. You will quickly become an integral member of the team as we implement user stories during our weekly iterations to pull functionality threads from the front end to the back end. Your unique background and experience will play directly into the work you are executing each week and you will be continually learning new technologies as you work closely with your teammates.
We understand that candidates may not be able to check the boxes for all desired qualifications. What is most important is that candidates have exceptional problem solving skills, creative out-of-the-box thinking, and are comfortable in an environment where you will be quickly learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Active United States Department of Defense Security Clearance or eligibility (U.S. Citizenship) to undergo an associated background investigation.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with either Java, C# or C++
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing desktop applications for Windows via C# and the .NET framework
- Experience developing software using a range of languages such as Java, C#, C++, Python and other modern languages
- Experience developing software for Windows, UNIX/Linux, mobile platforms (Android and iOS) and Mac OS X operating systems
- Experience with object-oriented design/development
- Experience with standard software engineering design/development practices/procedures such as Agile/Scrum
- Experience working with Configuration Management (CM), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD) systems such as Atlassian Jira, Bitbucket, and Bamboo.
- Experience working with Docker or other containerization technologies.
- Willingness to relocate to the greater Boulder, CO area
Qualified applicants are asked to apply via Indeed.