Aeris is hiring motivated, creative, and technically-minded individuals with a passion and skill for building state-of-the-art software into emerging technologies. Aeris is an energetic, fast-paced software engineering and scientific technical services company that supports the U.S. Government. We believe that the status quo is just not good enough and our team continually strives to provide the highest quality products and services to our clients. Aeris aspires to be an integral partner to our clients enabling them to make a difference by making the world safer and more secure.
Our ideal candidate is a Software Developer / Software Engineer with a love for learning, the ability to pivot directions quickly, and someone with a solid understanding of software engineering processes, tools, and techniques. At Aeris we believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, within an environment that allows our team members to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
As a Software Developer / Software Engineer at Aeris, your responsibilities may include:
- The development of web and desktop based emergency response software applications, such as the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Hazard Predication and Assessment Capability (HPAC) and the Joint Project Manager for Information System (JPMIS) Joint Effects Model (JEM)
- The development of mobile and desktop device software applications for forward deployed mission planning and emergency response platforms using the Tactical Assault Kit (TAK)
- Development, implementation, testing, and deployment of new scientific data processing algorithms for applications impacted by weather and environmental conditions
- Development of software applications used for geophysical data analysis and visualization
- Development and implementation of scientific software applications on Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) computing platforms
We understand that candidates may not be able to check the boxes for all desired qualifications. What is most important is that candidates have exceptional problem solving skills, creative out-of-the-box thinking, and are comfortable in an environment where you will be quickly learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing software using Java, C, C++, Python
- Experience developing software for Windows, UNIX/Linux, mobile platforms (Android and iOS) and Mac OS X operating systems
- Experience with object-oriented design/development
- Experience with standard software engineering design/development practices/procedures such as Agile/Scrum
- Experience working with Configuration Management (CM), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD) systems such as Atlassian Jira, Bitbucket, and Bamboo
- Experience working with Docker
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to relocate to the greater Boulder, CO area
- United States citizenship
Qualified applicants are asked to apply via the following url, https://www.indeed.com/job/software-developer-software-engineer-f4ae32d3249e9d5d