Aeris is actively pursuing a mid-level software engineer who will support the design, development, testing, and deployment of software applications, scientific algorithms, and software system infrastructures under the direction of senior scientific and engineering staff. In particular, the successful candidate will be actively supporting the ongoing development of operational atmospheric transport and dispersion (AT&D) modeling and simulation toolsets. As such, this position requires experience with object oriented software design/development using languages such as Java, C, C++, and Fortran within an Agile/Scrum software development framework and must be comfortable working in a dynamic, team-focused, collaborative environment. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to support modification, implementation, and optimization of numerical weather prediction (NWP) codes on commodity High Performance Computing (HPC) systems, including cloud hosted HPC systems. In this capacity, the position requires experience with various analysis/scripting languages such as R, Python, Matlab, and IDL, plus experience implementing/optimizing these codes on HPC systems using MPI and Open MP. Lastly, due to the nature of working within a small business, the candidate will be expected, from time to time, to perform some additional duties, outside of their areas of expertise, such as numerical model execution/operation, data analysis/visualization, and development of presentations/reports.
- Experience developing software using Java, C, C++, FORTRAN
- Experience developing software for Windows, UNIX/Linux, and Mac OS X operating systems
- Experience with object oriented design/development
- Experience with standard software engineering design/development practices/procedures such as Agile/Scrum
- Experience with scientific scripting/analysis tools such as R, Python, Matlab, and IDL
- Familiarity with optimizing software/systems using MPI, Open MP or other multiprocessing technologies.
- Interest in AT&D and NWP modeling systems.
- General interest in meteorology, physics, mathematics, and/or statistics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills General Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline
- Willingness to relocate to the greater Boulder, CO area
- United States citizenship
- Active security clearance OR willingness and ability to complete the necessary background screening process.
- B.S. and 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Master of Science (M.S.) and 1-2 years of relevant experience
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The letter and resume should specifically detail their interest and ability to meet the job requirements/qualifications.